Modular Switch System AMXR
Universal Digitally Controlled Analog Switches/Multiplexers
This is the modular version of our switches. If you only require up to 4 channels and do not plan to make any changes to the setup later, you may also be interested in our compact signal switches AMXT or power switches 19AMX.
#ComponentsOn these pages and in the sidebar menumenu at the top of the page you can find the AMXR components from our current product range as well as additional information. If your requirements change over time, you can always order more components and upgrade or reconfigure your switch.
Signal Switch Channels
|50 V Channels
|250 V Channels
|500 V Channels
|1.5 kV Channels
|50 V Trilevel Channels
|250 V Trilevel Channels
|500 V Trilevel Channels
|1.5 kV Trilevel Channels
Channels for other operating voltages (up to 3 kV possible) are available upon request.
Power Switch Channels
General technical data for all power switch channels: see » Power Switch Channels
#About AMXRThese switches combine several digitally controlled electronic analog switches in a single device. The modular design allows for adding or replacing components later.
The switches can be equipped with up to 5, 12 or 24 switch channels, depending on the base unit and the switch types. Each channel integrates a digitally controlled electronic analog switch for which the user can specify the switchable voltage. The power switch channels differ from the signal switch channels by significantly higher switchable powers (i.e. higher output currents) and higher maximum switchable output energies per pulse.
The function of each switch channel corresponds to a conventional electromechanical relay, but the switching times are in the nanosecond range and the digital control inputs have a high input impedance. Similarly to an electromechanical relay, the control inputs are galvanically isolated from the signal lines, but they are galvanically connected to the device case.
Signal Switch Applications
- Designed for driving small loads
- Control of ion optics, e.g. entry or exit electrodes of ion traps, differential lenses, or BNGs (Bradbury-Nielsen gates)
- Drivers of piezoelectric and electromagnetic valves or small motors
Power Switch Applications
- Designed for driving high capacitances at high frequencies
- Supply of digital ion traps (DITs) or other electrodynamic multipoles: ion or nanoparticle traps, ion funnels, ion guides, and also quadrupole mass filters
- Optional high-voltage isolation allows for controlling traps operating at large bias potentials
- Trilevel option allows for field-free phases and undisturbed injection, extraction, or manipulation of charged particles
- Drivers for electromagnetic and piezoelectric valves and apertures
- Motor drivers